- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - May 08, 2006 - The 'Raw Arts Collective' is a collective of raw artists of diverse backgrounds and strong vision: Stephen Davids, Sue Kreitzman, Piers Midwinter, Karin van der Plas and Steve Wright.
On February 19th 2006, five artists met together in East London and collectively agreed to create a new entity. The initial idea behind the Raw Arts Collective is to bring together some of England's most talented raw artists with a view:
• To create and develop opportunities to exhibit our art
• To raise awareness of 'non-mainstream raw art'
• To show the strong personal artistic vision
• To show an acceptance, understanding of diversity and difference
• To recognise each members individual strengths and develop friendships
• To encourage self-taught and free spirited thinking/spontaneity
The Raw Arts Collective website thus contains:
• examples of each artists work.
• pictures of the way in which the artists have decorated their houses
• pictures of the artists
• details of major press articles
• details of 'raw art' exhibitions featuring a collective member
• details of artist meetings held on a regular basis and what will be discussed at them
So far, the results have been extremely positive, including articles in National and local press for participating member's art etc. All five artists are participating in the legendary Raw Arts Festival which is heading to sunny Spain in October 2006. The Festival in Valencia will be "Spain's first non-mainstream arts festival". For more information please visit the Raw Arts Collective web-site at: www.rawartscollective.com
# # #