- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, April 22, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Market Research Media has released an update of its report "U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2013-2018". With a cumulative market valued at $518 billion (2013 - 2018), the U.S. Federal IT market will grow steadily - at about 3% CAGR in 2013-2018. The Administration is keen to deploy technologies proved their worth in the private sector. The technology segments like business intelligence, cloud computing, eDiscovery, GIS and geospatial, Health Information Technology, non-relational database management systems, Smart Grid, SOA, unified communications and virtualization will see double digit growth in the period 2011 - 2015. Total annual U.S. Federal IT market will surpass $93 billion by 2018.
Federal IT market over the next few years will be driven by two major forces - pressure to cut federal IT budgets without losing efficiency, and the implementation of new technologies. The Administration is committed to an overhaul of the entire Federal IT organization, betting on new technologies, "rent, not buy" principle and open source. Lack of qualified IT personnel could set back but not thwart these plans.
The report answers the following questions:
- What policies will shape the U.S. Federal IT market in the period 2013-2018?
- What strategies work best for IT vendors to penetrate the Federal IT market?
- What segments of the U.S. Federal IT market are poised for fast growth?
- What are key trends in the U.S. Federal IT market?
- What are market opportunities in providing IT solutions for Government sector?
The report provides detailed year-by-year (2013 - 2018) forecasts for the following U.S. Government market segments:
- Hardware, software, IT consumables and contracted IT services;
- Agency-by-agency detailed forecasts for both defense and civilian sectors;
- Fast growing/high priority technology segments;
- By investment type - National Security System, Mission Area Support, Infrastructure & Office Automation Telecommunications, Grants to State and Local IT Investments, Enterprise architecture and planning.
The report covers the following fast growing / high priority technology segments and provides year-by-year (2013 - 2018) forecasts:
- Business Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- GIS and Geospatial
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- High Performance Computing
- Non-Relational Database Management Systems
- Open Source
- Smart Grid
- Virtual Events
- Wireless Voice and Data.
Market Research Media Ltd is the leading international provider of market research and intelligence for the governmental and business communities. Our premium market analysis is your unfair competitive advantage.
# # #