- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
BEVERLY HILLS, CA, June 09, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Nowadays, Board Certifications, extensive experience, and computer literacy are not enough for physicians to gain exposure on popular media streams such as Twitter. More and more physicians are becoming leaders in their practice which has helped them achieve a celebrity-like status through television shows, authorship, and social networking websites.
Twitter has become an overnight phenomenon in the social networking industry and physicians are reaping the advantages by establishing their own profiles to enlighten patients and health conscious individuals. We've compiled a list of the top 25 celebrity doctors on Twitter who are worth following. We've based the criteria on several factors such as their knowledge as well as how they present the knowledge they have.
It is a prestigious recognition to be on either list because these physicians have proved that health education and wellness does not end after each visitation. These doctors have gained influence and respect due to their dedication in making a difference in the health of people's lives.
We've created two distinct categories. The first category is called "Instantly Recognizable." These physicians have over 75,000 followers and counting. The second category is called "Gaining a Name." These physicians currently have 10,000 to 50,000 followers and counting.
Evolving success and influence have direct influence in the number of followers. Dr. Andrew Weil - who has been on the cover of Time and is publicly recognizable - may work their way into the Twitter 'hall of doctor fame' with over 75,000 followers once people discover his Twitter account.
Another noteworthy physician is wellness expert Dr. Kelly Sennholz. As Chief Medical Officer and Physician of the revolutionary wellness program Symtrimics, Dr. Sennholz has established the flagship model for upcoming wellness programs to aspire to. By utilizing advanced scientific discoveries, technological breakthroughs, Olympic medalists and experienced physicians, Dr. Kelly Sennholz has introduced the program to physicians across the United States in hopes of combating the obesity and health crisis in the country. She currently has over 18,500 active followers.
The links within each category are listed alphabetically by the doctor's Twitter name and the links lead to their Twitter pages. From there, you can learn more about the doctor, including links to each doctor's website(s) and other specialties.
1. brianwmarshall: Dr. Brian Marshall is an occupational medicine director at Cleveland Clinic and emergency medicine physician who loves social media, Internet marketing and personal finance. He doesn't have a television show, nor has he authored a book. His popularity seems to come from his seemingly genuine interest in people and in life.
2. DeepakChopra: Dr. Chopra is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Adjunct Professor at Kellogg School of Management and Senior Scientist with The Gallup Organization. Time magazine heralded Chopra credits him as 'the poet-prophet of alternative medicine.'
3. drdrew: Dr. Drew is a practicing internist and "addictionologist" with training in psychology. He's become hugely popular with his focus on sex addition and for the television show, "Celebrity Rehab," which chronicles the real life experiences of a group of celebrities as they make the life-changing decision to enter themselves into a drug, alcohol, and addiction treatment program.
4. DrOz: Dr. Mehmet Oz, cardiac surgeon, is an author and host of the The Dr. Oz Show. He's become wildly popular because viewers can share stories to become eligible to be on his show.
5. DrPhil: Through his many books and his daily syndicated television talk show, Dr. Phil McGraw has galvanized millions of people to "get real" about their behaviors.
6. mikeyoung: Mike Young, PhD, is out of Cary, North Carolina, and he's into CEO-human performance consulting and athletic developments. He is a sports scientist and researcher among other specialties, and he's made himself popular through his ability to help people connect fitness to success.
7. sanjayguptaCNN: Dr. Sanjay Gupta has made a name for himself through his shows and appearances on CNN. He is that broadcast network's chief medical correspondent and a neurosurgeon.
Gaining a Name
8. bengoldacre: Dr. Goldacre is becoming very well known for his "bad science" objectives, as he specializes in "unpicking dodgy scientific claims made by scaremongering journalists, dodgy government reports, evil pharmaceutical corporations, PR companies and quacks."
9. DoctorRobin: Dr. Robin A. Eckert is an academic and clinical leader in the emerging field of integrative medicine. She is an assistant clinical professor with the Department of Family Medicine at U.C. Irvine Medical Center, and she is founder and medical director of the Laguna Center for Integrative Medicine in Laguna Beach, California.
10. dougpmd: Dr. Doug Penta is an OB/GYN physician with interests in HPV, fibroids, PMS and recent anti-aging physiology.
11. DrAnthony: Dr. Anthony Casas, Jr. holds a PhD in I/O Psychology, Masters in HR & OD, and a Bachelors in Psychology and Sociology. He also has extensive experience in planning, negotiations, coaching and consulting start-up enterprises.
12. DrBermant: Dr. Michael Bermant is a plastic surgeon who operates out of Richmond, Virginia. He specializes in gynecomastia, liposuction, tummy tuck, belly button, otoplasty, rhinoplasty, breast & body surgical sculpture.
13. DrJennifer: Dr. Jennifer Howard is a psychotherapist, and she brings together her more than 20 years of experience, extensive training and expertise in mind-body psychology, meditation, and a variety of the healing arts.
14. drjoesDIYhealth: Dr. Joe is a medical doctor in Australia who prides himself in "actually talking about health." His strategy seems to be working.
15. DrJosephKim: Joseph Kim, MD, MPH, is an MIT engineer and technology advocate who offers a number of Web sites focused on medicine and technology.
16. DrWeil: Get daily information on integrative medicine, natural health and well being and tips for pesky problems that might be resolved without prescription medication through Dr. Andrew Weil's tweets.
17. FeliceDunas: Dr. Felice Dunas brings her patients, clients and audiences better health, happiness and quality of life through erotic and intimacy education, alternative medicine and marriage coaching.
18. JohnLLeRoyJrMD: Dr. John L. LeRoy, Jr. is a band-aid mini face lift specialist and board-certified plastic surgeon who focuses on cosmetic plastic surgery from Atlanta, Georgia.
19. kevinmd: Kevin Pho, M.D., is a leading voice in the social media movement, providing provocative commentary on breaking health and medical news on Twitter and at his blog.
20. KristieMcNealy: This doctor, located out of Denver, Colorado, focuses on health, nutrition and events, social media marketing and homeschooling.
21. Lissarankin: Lissa Rankin is an OB/GYN, artist and author of two books: What's Up Down There? and Encaustic Art. Located in Marin County, California, this doctor also is the found of Owning Pink, a "gutsy guide to getting your mojo back."
22. Mtnmd: Dr. Kelly Sennholz, located in both the Denver, Colorado and Beverly Hills, California areas, is a physician and "doctor of wellness," who assists people to live life to its fullest. She is the Chief Medical Officer for Symtrimics in Beverly Hills.
23. thenakeddoctor: Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby is a British alternative doctor and a long-time pioneer in natural healing. His books include Diet Wise and Cancer Confidential.
24. timlawler: Tim Lawler is a naval physician, who currently serves as a flight surgeon. He went to medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, MO and enjoys educating others about various issues with life after college.
25. tomheston: Dr. Tom Heston cares a lot about his patients and blog readers in the Las Vegas area and beyond. He studied at the University of Berkeley and Saint Louis University and is a Fellow at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
The Symtrimics programs produce better procedural results and happier patients than other clinics without Symtrimics. The good news is, if you are committed to making positive changes in your lifestyle, Symtrimics and your physician will give you the tools and teach you how to reclaim your health and vitality.
The Symtrimics programs focus on the lifelong adoption of habits, which help to improve health, lengthen life, establish healthy weight, slow aging and assist with disease prevention. www.symtrimics.com
Symtrimics provides an integrated wellness and clinic-marketing platform, which consists of five Symtrimic programs. These include an integrated web based service, medical grade nutrition, exercise, social, coaching program focused on the life-long adoption of habits that have been proven to: improve health, lengthen life, secure weight loss, slow aging and prevent disease.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
# # #