- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - September 30, 2007 - Diversitypromotions.com, the creators of the stunning Embrace Diversity logo and product line, has successfully established National Diversity Day on the first Friday in October (Diversity Awareness Month); this year it falls on October 5, 2007. This celebration is officially listed in Chase's Calendar of Events 2007 edition.
National Diversity Day is a day to celebrate and embrace who we are, despite our differences, no matter what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, or disability. This is a day to reflect on and learn about different cultures and ideologies. A day to vow acceptance and tolerance. A day to consciously address these areas at educational and religious institutions, as well as in the workplace and at home.
This year, Dr. Leo Parvis will be the keynote speaker at the National Diversity Day celebration at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, MN. The event will be followed by a reception and book signing of Dr. Leo's book "Understanding Cultural Diversity in Today's Complex World." The event will be held at St. Cloud State's Atwood Center from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Oct. 5, 2007.
Join in the celebration! There are many ways you can celebrate National Diversity Day at home, at work, at school, or in your place of worship, etc. Below is a partial list to get your creative juices flowing!
• Potluck meal where participants bring in dishes that represent their ethnicity or their favorite ethnic foods.
• Invite speakers from different backgrounds to speak to your group about their traditions, or the challenges they have faced related to diversity.
• Have a celebration or festival that brings together different ethnic groups to celebrate.
• Bring together different religious groups to learn about each other or pray for world peace together.
• Explore different cultures through art forms, poetry, music, crafts, traditional costumes, language, etc. Have an art show featuring local, diverse artists, or a poetry reading, or a concert.
• Rent movies that deal with diverse topics, such as "Hotel Rwanda" or "Not in My Town," and follow them up with small group discussions to promote positive responses towards change.
• Display a photography exhibit of different cultures--could even feature the students/families or employees/families of your organization.
• Have a display or flag ceremony of different nations' flags.
For more information about National Diversity Day, see http://www.nationaldiversityday.com. For more information about the products and services offered by diversitypromotions.com, see their web site at http://www.diversitypromotions.com. The Embrace Diversity product line includes T-shirts, temporary tattoos, golf shirts, lapel pins, coffee mugs, denim shirts, twill shirts, tote bags and more.
The mission of diversitypromotions.com is: "To awaken the world to the wonders of all of our beautiful differences. To spread the awareness that all of us are the same in our desires for a good home, food, safety and the comfort of being accepted regardless of appearance and/or beliefs. With that awareness comes the joy of embracing all that others different from ourselves have to offer us in an endless number of ways!" The company slogan is: "Embrace Diversity, Embrace Our World."
diversitypromotions.com is a company dedicated to promoting positive messages about diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism through its Embrace Diversity product line, educational endeavors (trainings, presentations, seminars, books, and articles), and special events such as establishing National Diversity Day.
# # #