- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
Creative, hardworking and devoted, Mr. Goralka is always seeking new challenges in his personal and professional lives.
SACRAMENTO, CA, April 22, 2015 /24-7PressRelease/ -- John M. Goralka, estate planning attorney and founder of The Goralka Law Firm, has been recognized as a professional and specialist in taxation law by the State Bar of California. John is also certified as a specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law by the State Bar of California. There are approximately 170,000 lawyers in the state of California. Of these, fewer than 100 are certified specialists in both taxation law and in estate planning, trust and probate law. John holds a Laureate in Wealth Strategies from the Southern California Institute which specializes in planning for high net worth families and businesses.
Mr. Goralka founded The Goralka Law Firm in 1996. The firm was originally formed when John was a single parent to ensure that he had time to spend with his children. Since then, John has assembled a team of professionals that offers legal services in estate planning, corporate transactions, business formation, estate administration, asset protection, trusts, estate litigation, commercial leases and elder law. His firm's mission is to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients; striving to be the best when it comes to estate planning and taxes.
Having always desired a career in law, Mr. Goralka uses his creativity and skills to solve his clients' problems or help realize their goals. For 27 years, he has helped his clients achieve their enlightened dreams in estate, business and tax matters.
Mr. Goralka holds a Bachelor of Science in accounting from The California State University of Sacramento. He also earned an LLM in taxation and a JD from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, CA. Mr. Goralka is on the board of directors of the Sacramento Estate Planning Council and is a member of the Sacramento County and California Bar Associations and the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys.
Mr. Goralka received the Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Most Outstanding Contributions to Legal Scholarship (1985, 1988), American Jurisprudence Awards in Torts and Business Planning by the Order of the Coif, the Prentice-Hall Outstanding Tax Student Award and the Traynor Society Award for Academic Achievement.
Creative, hardworking and devoted, Mr. Goralka is always seeking new challenges in his personal and professional lives. Thus, in addition to his awards, honors and achievements, Mr. Goralka is a published author and co-author. His work includes the following publications:
- "How to Avoid the 12 Biggest Estate Planning Mistakes (The Dirty Dozen of Estate Planning Mistakes)"
- Family Limited Partnerships in Estate Planning and Asset Protection, "Maximize the Use of Family Limited Partnerships in Estate Planning" and "Sort Through the Complex Rules Regarding the taxation of Family Limited Partnerships," August 2008
- Estate Planning Basics, "Estate and Gift Taxes" and "Charitable Planning," August 2008
- Fundamental Probate Procedures and Practices, "Inventory & Appraisal," May 2008
- Estate and Gift Taxes, "Estate, Gift and GST Taxes," January 2008
- Estate Planning Basics, "Basic Taxes You Need to be Aware Of," January 2008
- "The Probate Process for California Paralegals: From Start to Finish," 2003 and 2004
- "A Practical Guide to Estate Administration in California," 1992 and 1993
- "Can the Service Partner Finally Go Back To Work?" California Tax Lawyer, August 1992
For more information about The Goralka Law Firm, please visit www.goralkalawfirm.com.
# # #