- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
ANAHEIM, CA, April 27, 2015 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Join us for Orange County's premiere Greek Festival, the 2015 OC Greek Fest! Experience the flavors, sights and sounds of Greece. Enjoy the very best of Greek food, music, and dancing and culture right here in Orange County.
Try some of the best authentic Greek foods available this side of the Ionian Sea: Chicken kabobs (generous portions of seasoned meat with onion and green pepper slivers grilled on a skewer), grilled lamb dinners, pork or chicken souvlakia (smaller pieces of meat grilled on a skewer), gyro sandwich (a blend of beef and lamb with Mediterranean spices served on warm pita bread and topped with tomatoes, onions and traditional tzatziki sauce (yogurt, cucumber and garlic) sauce; pastitsio (seasoned ground beef and macaroni) and moussaka (seasoned ground beef and eggplant), both topped with a delicious bechamel sauce, Greek-style baked chicken with olive oil, lemon juice and Greek oregano, and a wide variety of Greek mezedes (appetizers) - spanakopita (filo pastry with spinach and feta cheese filing), tiropita (filo pastry with feta cheese filing), dolmathes (marinated grape leaves filled with rice), greek olives, feta cheese, and much, much more.
To quench your thirst, visit our Taverna Opa! and enjoy a wide variety of Greek wines or an authentic Greek beer. Feeling daring? Try a glass of Ouzo (the world famous anise-flavored aperitif) or Metaxa (Greek brandy). Or enjoy a Greek coffee with a homemade sweet.
Have a sweet tooth? Come and taste the homemade delights prepared by members of our community, including: baklava (layers of filo dough filled with chopped walnuts and topped with honey syrup), galactobouriko (creamy custard between layers of filo and covered with honey syrup), karidopita (rich walnut spice cake with a delicate honey syrup), loukoumades (pastry puffs dipped in honey syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon), and Yia-Yia's cookies (delicious baked cookies, filled with Grandma's love), and much, much more.
Live entertainment will be provided by the Olympians & Friends, performing the very best of Greek laika (popular) songs. Church tours and other cultural activities will take place throughout the weekend.
Visit our outdoor agora (marketplace) and view the wide variety of unique jewelry, apparel, accessories, gifts, souvenirs and novelties offered by more than two dozen merchants.
So come and enjoy a slice of Greece in Orange County. Visit our website at www.ocgreekfest.com for additional information. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter too!
2015 OC Greek Fest Highlights:
- Live Greek Music featuring the renowned Olympians & Friends
- Traditional Greek dance performances daily by our award winning Folk Dance Groups
- Authentic Greek food, appetizers and homemade pastries
- Greek wines, beer, spirits and coffee
- Outdoor marketplace with unique merchandise offerings from dozens of merchants
- Complimentary scheduled guided church tours throughout the weekend
- Kidz Zone Carnival with rides and games for children of all ages
- Cultural activities throughout the weekend, cooking demonstrations
- Antique Car Show Friday evening
- Grand Drawing; Grand Prize - Temecula Wine Country & Spa weekend South Cost Winery; Second Prize -Microsoft 12" Surface Pro 3 Tablet PC; Third Prize - Disneyland Resort Pack One day Family Four Pack with one night stay at local Resort Hotel
- Regular Admission $3.00 Seniors (65+), children 12 and under and all military, police and fire personnel with proper ID admitted free
- Free parking behind Wal-Mart at the Buena Park Downtown; free shuttle service to and from the Buena Park Downtown to the festival grounds
**Festival Website: www.ocgreekfest.com
Friday, May 15th - 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday, May 16th - Noon - 10:00 PM
Sunday, May 17th - Noon - 10:00 PM
On the grounds of
St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church
405 N. Dale Ave., Anaheim, CA 92801
For directions and information: 714.827.0181
The OC Greek Fest is an annual fundraising event made possible through the combined efforts of the members of the St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church community in support of the Church and its ministries. St. John The Baptist celebrated its 50th year in Anaheim in 2011. Annual attendance averages well in excess of 10,000 visitors from throughout Southern California area and beyond. Preparations for this year's festival are well underway and we are happy to accommodate media requests to view pastry preparations or dance performances upon request. Please contact Stacy Sotos at 714.473.3726 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Thank you and we look forward to you being our guest at the 2015 OC Greek Fest.
# # #