- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
CHICAGO, IL, November 17, 2016 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Chicago Festival Association is now recruiting volunteers to assist during the 83rd McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade, which marches up State Street from Congress to Randolph Thursday, November 24, 2016, 8 - 11 am (CST). Volunteers are an essential part of bringing this FREE family-friendly event to downtown Chicago, to hundreds of thousands of on-street spectators, and to the millions watching at home.
The parade is broadcast, in its entirety, live for three hours on WGN 9 Chicago and nationally on WGN America.
There are many opportunities available for individuals (12 years of age and older), families and groups to participate in this magical event, including the following roles:
- BANNER CARRIER - Smile and wave! Volunteers lead the way along the parade route while carrying banners for each organization represented. Volunteers will walk between 1 and 3 miles on parade day.
- MERCHANDISE/STREET TEAM - Volunteers can join the Merchandise Team and be the first to see everyone's smiling faces as they pass out goodies to the crowd, sell souvenirs and assist in distributing parade surveys. They also reward fellow parade volunteers as they pass out Volunteer Gift Bags at the end of the parade.
- POO CREW - Volunteers who join the equestrian waste removal squad receive the loudest cheers on the route! Always a crowd favorite, Poo Crew teams will be assigned to majestic equestrian units to keep the parade route sparkling they work together to remove animal waste. Great for groups and families to do together. Costumes are always welcomed!
- TECH CREW - The behind-the-scenes heroes! The Tech Crew volunteers help set up and tear down the parade route, including VIP area, bleacher seating, dasher wall and much more. By making the parade route ready for the hundreds of thousands of street-side spectators and millions of viewers at home, they set the stage (literally!) for a memorable event.
- UNIT LIAISONS - Unit Liaison volunteers are responsible for specific groups of performers and escorting them through the entire parade route. They inform their group on where to go and when.
WGN 9 Chicago airs the Parade live and in high definition from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. (CST) Thursday, November 24. WGN America also broadcasts the Parade nationwide. CLTV will rebroadcast the parade from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (CST) on Thanksgiving.
McDonald's Owner/Operators of Chicago and Northwest Indiana represent more than 100 franchisees and nearly 500 restaurants throughout the greater Chicagoland region, including stores as far north as Gurnee, west as Marengo, south as Watseka and east to Northwest Indiana. MOCNI manages and facilitates all marketing, sports, community relations, educational and philanthropic programs throughout the region, and is responsible for implementing and maintaining consistency at every Chicagoland restaurant. Visit MOCNI on Instagram and Twitter - @McD_Chicago
About Chicago Festival Association
The Chicago Festival Association is a unique organization with the mission of producing community events that positively impact the people of the city of Chicago, its guests and visitors.
The McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade takes place rain or shine, Thursday, November 24, from 8 to 11 a.m., on State Street, in Chicago. For more information about the McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade, visit Chicago Festival Association online at www.chicagofestivals.org.
# # #