- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
/24-7PressRelease/ - BROOKLYN, NY, March 30, 2008 - Habana Outpost, the revolutionary ecoeatery located in Fort Greene, Brooklyn will be starting its 2008 season with an Earth Day Expo.
April 19th and 20th form 12:00pm - 8:00pm
As owner of New York's first solar powered restaurant Sean Meenan is often sought after for information about sustainability and green business practices. In response to this, he has organized the first annual Earth Day Expo at Habana Outpost. The focus of this two-day event will be to provide a place for the community to access information about sustainability in a fun and interactive way through a series of free events and workshops.
Some highlights of the two-day event will be:
• Electronic Waste Recycling - The Lower East Side Ecology Center will be collecting unwanted electronic waste in their e-waste container.
• Recycled Art Show - Local elementary school students will create art out of every day trash. Their work will be on display throughout the weekend.
• Bio Diesel Demo - Habana Outpost will unveil their newest company vehicle, a 1965 Lincoln Convertible that has been converted to run on bio-diesel.
• Composting Workshops - Sponsored by the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and the Department of Sanitation, these fun and informative workshops will teach you how to start composting at home.
• Kid's Corner - Throughout the weekend there will be free crafts and workshops for children including the "ABC's of Bees and Bee Keeping" and "Fun with Composting Worms".
• Get Involved - Meet local non-profit groups to find out how you can get involved.
• Shop Green - Local vendors and designers will showcase their green products and services.
For a complete schedule of events please visit: www.habanaoutpost.com
Habana Outpost is New York's first solar powered restaurant and marketplace located in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn. Created by artist and restaurateur Sean Meenan, the goal of Habana Outpost is to make sustainability fun and accessible. Since 2005 the Outpost has become a nexus for community activity bringing neighbors, environmentalists, artists and families together into one courtyard.
Darcy Le Fleming
p.718 858 9500
c.718 404 6161
757 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Habana Outpost is the first solar powered restaurant and market place in New York City. For further, information please contact us at 718 858 9500.
# # #