- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
BRIDGEWATER, NJ, February 12, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Jacqueline Morales, director of Somerset County Tourism, will be honored among the 2019 Outstanding Women in Somerset County at an awards dinner sponsored by the Somerset County Commission on the Status of Women. The event will be held on Friday, March 29 at The Imperia, 1714 Easton Avenue in Somerset and will recognize women in nine categories. Morales is being recognized in the Business/Entrepreneurs/Information Technology category, which includes chambers of commerce; Somerset County Tourism is a division of the Somerset County Business Partnership, the regional chamber.
A Bedminster resident, Morales, who has a master's degree in tourism and travel management from New York University, has been Somerset County's director of tourism since 2011. As a destination marketing professional, she develops and manages the tourism strategy for Somerset County's $1.2 billion tourism industry; this includes all marketing initiatives, visitor services and member relations, and programs for business and leisure travelers, residents and area employers. Somerset County Tourism currently leads both state and national averages in direct employment and tax revenues.
In her time as director of tourism, Morales:
• Has overseen an average increase of four percent annually in county tourism industry revenues
• Acquired the largest destination marketing organization (DMO) grant award from the New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism in the organization's history
• Played a principal role on the Somerset County Brand Development Initiative and the Somerset County Employer Resource Team
• Developed the county's popular destination guide to promote Somerset County as a great place to live, work and play
• Was named among Destinations International's "30 Under 30" tourism industry professionals
• Received the Central Jersey Women in Business Rising Star award from Greater Media New Jersey
• Won a Spirit of Somerset award for her efforts in the area of Culture & Heritage
• Accepted the 2018 New Jersey Tourism Industry Association's President's Award on behalf of the Somerset County Employer Resource Team
Morales is a member of Destinations International, a board member of the New Jersey Association of Destination Marketing Organizations and vice president of the Board of the New Jersey Travel Industry Association.
Advance reservations by March 1 are required for the awards dinner. The cost is $60 per person; details and reservations are available at https://bit.ly/2t6N4NU. For more information, contact commission member Marti Kalko at (908) 385-7948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about Somerset County's tourism destinations is available at www.visitsomersetnj.com.
About Somerset County Tourism
Somerset County Tourism, a 501(c)3 organization, is the official destination marketing organization (DMO) for Somerset County, N.J. and a Division of the Somerset County Business Partnership. Its mission is to advance the local economy by sustainably promoting the area's outstanding travel products and experiences, and to offer a variety of useful services to residents, business travelers and leisure visitors. Somerset County Tourism is an active member of New Jersey Destination Marketing Organizations and the New Jersey Tourism Industry Association. For more information visit www.visitsomersetnj.org or call 908-218-4300, ext. 28.
About the Commission
The Somerset County Commission on the Status of Women is a group of concerned individuals who are interested in identifying and addressing issues that affect women in our communities. The Commission was created by the Board of Chosen Freeholders in January 1985.
Commissioners are appointed by the Board of Chosen Freeholders and one Freeholder serves as liaison to the Commission.
# # #