- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
With the rise of smartphones, people get used to it and deaths and injuries are increasing year by year.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, March 02, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Albuquerque personal injury law firm of Parnall announces their 2019 Distracted Driving Family Plan Scholarship.
"With the rise of smartphones, people get used to it and deaths and injuries are increasing year by year," said Bert Parnall, attorney at law, in reference to distracted driving. "The scholarship is meant to raise public awareness, in general, and particularly for teens. And to, of course, support education for youth."
The New Mexico based law firm is giving out $5000 in prizes to any high school and/or college student nationwide. The application process is a simple one; students are required to write an essay that encompasses the impact and concept of distracted driving. To learn more about the essay topic, click here.
The rules for this scholarship are as follows:
• This scholarship is open to all high school, university, or college student across the United States.
• Applicants must be United State residents to enter.
• Entries must be submitted to HurtCallBert.com via the form between January 1, 2019 and May 1, 2019.
• Entries to be judged by the offices of Parnall Law Firm, LLC and will be judged on originality and caliber or response. Judges' decisions are final.
• Awards will be made directly to scholarship programs of winning students. Awards to be presented in May of 2019.
The prizes awarded for this scholarship are:
• $2,500 for the first place winner
• $1,500 for the second place winner
• $1,000 for the third place winner
With the amount of teenagers that show signs of obsession to their phones, it's no wonder Bert Parnall is concerned about raising awareness. The car accident attorneys at Parnall Law Firm often represent people who have had their lives altered by accidents due to distracted driving. In an attempt to bring this issue to light, Parnall Law has been running the Distracted Driving Family Plan Scholarship since 2017.
# # #