- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
PLANO, TX, August 16, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ -- A collaborative effort producing an outstanding English translation of the Quran. An open-source project, enabling any individual to contribute to this translation.
The English language is constantly evolving and changing. Thus, a good translation must evolve and change accordingly.
Every year, at least one new Quran English translation is published. Why not all translators join forces, and produce and maintain one excellent translation? That is the purpose of this project.
The Quran is unlike any other book, and translating it should not be the effort of a single individual. With this project, any individual can contribute to the translation. Any individual can make the translation a better translation.
Different individuals have different skills, talents, experiences. A non-scholar may see what a scholar does not see. Any individual who loves the Quran is capable of contributing.
The project is managed by Talal Itani, who twice translated the Quran into English, and throughout a period of 15 years, accumulated a database of suggestions regarding translating the Quran.
High Technology is also used in this project. Machine intelligence detects and corrects grammatical errors. Speech synthesis tests and corrects sentence flow. Yet any change suggested by technology is scrutinized by qualified humans.
The motivation is to produce an outstanding translation, and to keep the translation outstanding. The translation is always evolving and improving. The translation is clear, accurate, easy to read, not deviating from the Arabic text, free of grammatical errors.
This is a global effort. Any individual, from any country, can participate. We are not interpreting the Quran; we are simply translating the Quran from Arabic to English.
The translation, as much as possible, is free of personal interpretations.
All of us working together cannot produce the likes of the Quran. Yet we are achieving one great translation.
[17:88] Say, "If humankind and jinn banded together to produce the like of this Quran, they could never produce the like of it, even if they supported one another."
This Quran translation is available for all to use, share, and distribute; under the terms of the Creative Commons License: Attribution, NonCommercial, NoDerivatives.
The Quran is the word of God, revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, for the benefit of the human being. The Quran contains guidance, healing, and mercy. The Quran is wise, clear, and truthful. The Quran is beyond doubt from the Lord of the Universe.
[10:37] This Quran could not have been produced by anyone other than God. In fact, it is a confirmation of what preceded it, and an elaboration of the Book. There is no doubt about it—it is from the Lord of the Universe.
This translation is always:
- Highly accurate
- Easy to read and understand
- Common vocabulary
- Correct grammar
- Correct punctuation
- Short sentences
- No interpretations and no explanations
- Nothing in brackets, nothing in parentheses, and no footnotes
- Same tone as the Arabic tone — when possible
- Same flow as the Arabic flow — when possible
- In Modern English
Available in two editions. Edition 'God' uses the word 'God' to refer to the Creator. Edition 'Allah' uses the word 'Allah' to refer to the Creator. Example: "In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful." Or, "In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful."
Chapter/Sura 81 • The Rolling • at-Takwir
In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
1. When the sun is rolled.
2. And the stars are dimmed.
3. And the mountains are set in motion.
4. And the relationships are suspended.
5. And the beasts are gathered.
6. And the oceans are set aflame.
7. And the souls are paired.
8. And the girl, buried alive, is asked:
9. For what crime was she killed?
10. And when the records are made public.
11. And the sky is peeled away.
12. And the Fire is set ablaze.
13. And Paradise is brought near.
14. Each soul will know what it has readied.
15. I swear by the galaxies.
16. Precisely running their courses.
17. And by the night, as it recedes.
18. And by the morn, as it breathes.
19. This is the speech of a noble messenger.
20. Endowed with strength, secure with the Lord of the Throne.
21. Obeyed and trustworthy.
22. Your friend is not possessed.
23. He saw him on the luminous horizon.
24. And He does not withhold knowledge of the Unseen.
25. And it is not the word of an outcast devil.
26. So where are you heading?
27. It is nothing but a reminder to all humankind.
28. To whoever among you wills to go straight.
29. But you cannot will, unless God wills, Lord of the Worlds.
The full translation if published at https://www.HelloQuran.com
Hello Quran is dedicated to researching and promoting the Holy Quran.
# # #