- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
If homeowners spot any leaks in their whole-home humidifier we recommend turning off the unit immediately and scheduling a professional inspection.
LENEXA, KS, February 04, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ -- 4 Eco Services, a local plumbing, heating and air conditioning service company, advises homeowners to take proactive steps to maintain their whole-house humidifier. A properly functioning whole house humidifier can soothe skin and breathing problems, ease symptoms of a respiratory condition, and help homeowners cut energy expenditures while also lowering monthly electric bills.
Homeowners should read their humidifier's owner's manual for exact instructions to clean their brand of whole-house humidifier. The typical steps for cleaning a whole-house humidifier are as follows:
1. Turn the power off and make sure the device is unplugged.
2. Empty and clean the water reservoir with chlorine bleach.
3. Replace the water panel (water pad/ filter / evaporator pad) annually or as often as required.
4. Clean the exterior of the whole-house humidifier with a cloth dipped in a 50/50 vinegar-water solution.
5. Check for any leaks coming from the drain line, water supply line, shutoff valve, furnace or the area underneath the unit.
4 Eco Services General Manager Ian Williams says, "If homeowners spot any leaks in their whole-home humidifier we recommend turning off the unit immediately and scheduling a professional inspection. A 4 Eco Services team member will identify the cause of the leak and recommend an eco-friendly solution."
To schedule an inspection with 4 Eco Services, visit https://www.4ecoservices.com/contact-us/.
Visit 4 Eco Services on Facebook!
4 Eco Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair, and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Kansas City area markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for the best value.
# # #