- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." ― Carl Sandburg
NEW DELHI, INDIA, July 01, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ -- In India commercial surrogacy is popular for a long time. There has been a time when it was a hub with the lowest international surrogacy cost in the world.
But it has been things of past now. The current Indian Government is not in the mood to make India a birth factory for the world.
On continuing on this effort, path-breaking measures are taken to protect women's reproductive rights and MTP rights under the - Assisted Reproductive Technology Regulation Bill 2020.
Once the Bill is passed by the Parliament, the Central Government shall notify the date of the commencement of the Act. Consequently, the National Board will be constituted.
The salient feature of the Assisted Reproductive Technology Regulation Bill 2020
1. The National Boards will lay down code of conduct for IVF Clinics and ART Bank to provide minimum standards of physical infrastructure, laboratory and diagnostic equipment, and expert manpower.
2. The States and Union Territories will constitute regulatory boards in their state within three months of the notification by the Central Government.
3. The State Boards will make sure to abide by the policies and plans placed by the National Board for IVF clinics and ART Banks in their states.
4. The Bill also recommends the National Registry and Registration Authority to maintain a Central database and assist the National Board in its functioning.
5. The Bill also specific a stern punishment for those involved in gender or sex selection, sale of human embryos or gametes, running agencies/rackets/organizations for illegitimate practices.
What are the benefits of this bill?
One of the major advantages of the Act is to regulate the Assisted Reproductive Technology and surrogacy services in India. Thus, childless couples will be more protected and will be more confident of the ethical practices in ARTs in their choice of ART clinic.
This bill aims to stop unethical practices in surrogacy, prevent commercialization of surrogacy, and will prohibit the potential exploitation of surrogate mothers and children born through surrogacy.
Surrogacy Regulation Bill 2020
The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2020 suggests regulating surrogacy in India by establishing National Boards. The Bill has been examined by the Select Committee and the report has been tabled in the Rajya Sabha on the 5th of February 2020.
Once the Bill is passed in both houses within and also approved by the president of India, it will become a law and thus prohibiting all sorts of commercial surrogacy in India.
So, what are options for Indian childless couples?
1. Find a surrogate mother within a family and match all the criteria set by the ART Bill 2020 to use surrogacy for your parenthood journey.
2. Or else go for outside India for surrogacy where international Surrogacy costs are still affordable. Just to give example, commercial surrogacy in Ukraine and surrogacy in Georgia are allowed for hetero married couples. The surrogacy cost in these European countries is in the range of $42,000 to $50,000.
3. For a single male or gay couple, the most affordable yet secure parenthood option is available in Latin American countries -Colombia. Gay couple surrogacy cost in Colombia is with an all-inclusive guaranteed baby plan for $64,000.
IVF Conceptions is leading Fertility Medical Tourism Consultancy providing healthcare services in the fertility sphere including IVF, Egg Donations, and international Surrogacy services, worldwide.
Since inception in 2010, they are playing an instrumental role in providing affordable yet secure international surrogacy via their network of medical and legal service providers. The assist and guide all intended parents irrespective of their marital status, sexual inclination, country, race, or financial capacity.
Stop postponing and start your parenthood journey Now by contacting us!
Contact for further information:
# # #