- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
"We're delighted to offer scholarships to these outstanding students." Ken Harrell, Managing Partner, Joye Law Firm
CHARLESTON, SC, July 07, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Joye Law Firm is pleased to announce the recipients of the Joye in the Community College Scholarships for 2020.
The six scholarship winners were chosen based on a thorough review of their completed applications, transcripts, school activities, community involvement and creative entries addressing the topic of cell phone laws and distracted driving in South Carolina.
The students also were asked to nominate teachers who had inspired their creativity for special recognition.
The scholarship winners and their inspiring teachers are:
• Zaria Frazier, a graduate of Goose Creek High School who will be attending Francis Marion University to study to become a neonatal nurse. Her teacher: Meghan Angelo.
• Payton Abbott, a graduate of Fort Dorchester High School in Summerville, who plans to attend Trident Tech to become a pediatric nurse. Her teacher: Hillary Deering.
• Angelina Hernandez, who graduated from R.B. Stall High School in N. Charleston and will be attending the University of South Carolina to study business accounting. Her teacher: Melissa Graham.
• Roderick Gaines, a graduate of Spring Valley High School in Columbia who will be studying at the University of South Carolina with plans to become a medical doctor. His teacher: Robert Grice.
• Vidhi Patel, a graduate of Carolina Forest High School in Conway. She will be studying biology at the University of South Carolina Honors College and plans to pursue a career in medicine. Her teacher: Georgianna Holley.
• Konnor Richardson, a graduate of Clinton High School. He plans to pursue a career as a physical therapist after college. His teacher: Jennifer Howard.
"We're delighted to offer scholarships to these outstanding students," said Ken Harrell, managing partner of Joye Law Firm. "They have bright futures, and we are proud to help them pursue their education goals."
Since its inception more than a decade ago, the Joye Law Firm scholarship program has awarded dozens of scholarships to college-bound seniors from across South Carolina.
Leading by Example
To recognize the importance of giving back to the community, Joye Law Firm established Joye in the Community—a year‐round program that encompasses the firm's community and service efforts. The goal of the initiative is to enrich the lives of everyone involved in the program and raise awareness of the needs of those in the Clinton, Charleston, Columbia and Myrtle Beach areas. Visit www.joyeinthecommunity.com to learn more.
About Joye Law Firm
Founded in 1968, Joye Law Firm has been providing quality legal service to the people of South Carolina for more than 50 years. Our firm of accomplished South Carolina injury and disability attorneys offers more than 130 years of combined litigation experience. Visit www.joyelawfirm.com to learn more.
# # #