- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
GLENDALE, CA, August 04, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ -- LANAIR Technology Group today announced that it has become SOC 2® certified and received the MSPAlliance® Cyber Verify™ Risk Assurance Rating for Managed Services and Cloud Providers.
The SOC 2® standards provide peace of mind for any organization looking to partner with third parties. A SOC 2® designated organization has been audited by an independent certified public accountant, who determined that the firm does in fact have the necessary systems in place to control the access to and the maintenance of information assets.
With more companies shifting their IT footprint to the cloud, the security of that information becomes more important than ever. As cloud providers ourselves, LANAIR is uniquely positioned to ensure the security of our client's cloud-based information, whether that data is active or archival, at rest or in motion. "A big portion of our clients are in highly regulated industries and have to adhere to strict regulatory requirements, that's why LANAIR is committed to demonstrating a full understanding of IT data security, compliance, and secure data management. The SOC 2® certification gives our managed clients peace of mind that LANAIR has the highest level of security controls in place to protect the data that keeps their business running," Wayne Forester, Managing Partner at LANAIR Technology Group.
SOC 2 Audit Evaluation
A SOC 2® audit is an important tool to validate the internal controls established by managed service providers. Its framework is built on a set of five pillars, which are collectively referred to as Trust Services Principles and Criteria. These principles address the risks and opportunities of IT-enabled systems and privacy programs. Specifically, they focus on the following:
• Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access, use, or modification.
• Availability. The system is available for operation and use.
• Processing Integrity. System processing is complete, valid, accurate, and timely.
• Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected properly.
• Privacy. Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed of properly.
The first three criteria attest to the provider's reliability. The other two speak to the integrity of the provider's security processes. And every one of them makes a difference.
Cyber Verify™ is based on the Unified Certification StandardTM (UCS) for Cloud and Managed Service Providers and is governed by the International Association of Cloud and Managed Service Providers. Less than 2% of the global MSP community have achieved a AAA Cyber Verify rating, placing LANAIR Technology Group in a very elite group of managed service and cloud providers worldwide.
Cyber Verify™ is designed to provide consumers greater transparency and assurance when it comes to the cybersecurity practices of those providers. Now, more than ever, businesses need that assurance when it comes to matters of cybersecurity and IT Operation risks which are engrained in LANAIR's business model and best practices. "Our solutions consist of a complete security fabric that includes cloud security, cybersecurity, data protection, and business continuity product lines that adapt to the needs and IT environment of our clients. This allows us to focus on making IT powerful, keeping IT safe, backing IT up and keeping IT running. Giving our clients the freedom to FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS, their customers and business outcomes," Neil Hawkins, Partner at LANAIR Technology Group.
Cyber Verify™ Rating System
The Cyber Verify™ evaluates many different aspects of a company's service delivery, paying particular attention to security. Cyber Verify evaluates internal service delivery security practices, business continuity of the provider, cyber insurance usage, and many other characteristics which are important in the evaluation process of customers seeking out professional and secure providers.
Cyber Verify™ applies the following rating system:
• AAA - evaluates the provider's cybersecurity practices on a 3-12-month period of review
• AA - evaluates the provider's cybersecurity practices on a particular day
• A - evaluates the provider's cybersecurity practices based on a thorough and in-depth self-attestation examination.
Cyber Verify™ must be renewed annually and is the first in the industry and specifically designed for outsourced service providers and the customers they service.
About LANAIR Technology Group
LANAIR Technology Group designs, implements, and manages customized IT solutions that eliminate IT Operations frustrations. IT solutions are expected to increase productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of business operations and communication. For that reason, we introduced our very own ControlPoint Platform, a suite of white-glove IT Operations services, managed by a team of experts, designed to help businesses FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS!
• ControlPoint | COMPUTE - White-glove private hosting services that offer an alternative to the traditional data center without the downsides of the public cloud!
• ControlPoint | SECURE - White-glove security solution securing your entire network, devices, and users continuously!
• ControlPoint | PROTECT - White-glove data protection, business continuity services, and patented protection technology that ensures your data is protected regardless of where it lives!
• ControlPoint | MANAGE - Best-in-class managed services solution that eliminates the headaches of ongoing maintenance and management of your IT systems!
As a one-stop-shop for sales, installation, billing, troubleshooting & support, we become an extension of your team. Ease the stress around compliance regulations, ongoing maintenance, vendor management, an overextended IT staff, and reacting to IT problems. Learn more at www.lanairgroup.com.
# # #