- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
CHARLESTON, SC, September 08, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Joye Law Firm is pleased to congratulate the winners of the Joye Law College Scholarships as well as our newest scholarship designated for a student attending a Historically Black College or University. Each college-bound student will receive $2,000 to help with education expenses.
The scholarship winners were selected based on their creative entry discussing distracted driving laws in South Carolina as well as school activities, positions of leadership, special honors and awards, community involvement, academic performance, and professional pursuits.
The scholarship winners are:
• Novalee Ortiz who is a graduate of Dreher High School and will be attending the University of South Carolina.
• Samuel Eric Tyce III who is a graduate of Hanahan High School and will be attending Clemson University.
• Raven Mone't Richardson who is a graduate of James Island Charter High School. She will be attending Newbery College.
• Benjamin James Martin who is a graduate of Stratford High School. He will be attending Clemson University Bridge at Tri-County Technical College.
• Makenna Ashley Stone who is a graduate of North Myrtle Beach High School. She will be attending the College of Charleston.
• Kinsey Carney who is a graduate of West Ashley High School. She will be attending the University of South Carolina.
• Jacoby Johnson, our HBCU scholarship winner, who is a graduate of Burke High School. He will be attending SC State University.
The students also were asked to nominate teachers who had inspired them for special recognition and a $200 gift card.
The recognized teachers are:
• Mrs. Stella McCombs, Stratford High School
• Mrs. Katie Mullock, West Ashley High School
• Mrs. Catherine Threatt, North Myrtle Beach High School
• Mrs. Amanda Cromer, Hanahan High School
• Mrs. Andrea Quinn, James Island Charter High School.
Since its inception more than a decade ago, the Joye Law Firm scholarship program has provided dozens of scholarships to college-bound seniors from across South Carolina.
Thanks to our winning students, teachers, and families. We look forward to next year's scholarship program, which will kick off in 2022.
Leading by Example
To recognize the importance of giving back to the community, Joye Law Firm established Joye in the Community—a year‐round program that encompasses the firm's community and service efforts. The goal of the initiative is to enrich the lives of everyone involved in the program and raise awareness of the needs of those in the Clinton, Charleston, Columbia, Summerville, and Myrtle Beach areas. Visit www.joyeinthecommunity.com to learn more.
About Joye Law Firm
Founded in 1968, Joye Law Firm has been providing quality legal service to the people of South Carolina for more than 50 years. Our firm of accomplished South Carolina injury and disability attorneys offers more than 130 years of combined litigation experience. Visit www.joyelawfirm.com to learn more.
# # #