- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
"This survey gave us a first-hand look at what's in the minds of today's active retail investor." said Dan Raju, CEO of Tradier
CHARLOTTE, NC, September 20, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Tradier, a next generation brokerage solution provider that powers one of the largest communities of active equity and options traders in the market, unveiled their Retail Trader Sentiment survey, gauging investor concerns on the economy, market conditions, and crypto heading into the remainder of 2022. With its unique model, Tradier powers trading from hundreds of active trading platforms globally giving the firm a 'Driver Seat" view of retail sentiments and trading behavior
The survey, which took place last month, was sent to a randomized group of Tradier's clients, account holders, and customer prospects.
"The retail self-directed market has changed over the last five years, with an additional 25M new brokerage account holders who have faced a rapid graduation effect due to the pandemic and new technology. We wanted to examine what retail traders are thinking and how they are planning to trade over the next few months," said Dan Raju, CEO of Tradier. "This survey gave us a first-hand look at what's in the minds of today's active retail investor."
Key takeaways include:
• Half of the respondents surveyed said they are concerned with the current market volatility.
• 42% of respondents said they traded "more often" since the recent market downturn.
• 38% of retail traders surveyed are anticipating bitcoin's trading price will close the year around the high $30,000 price range.
• 55% of those surveyed rely on market resources to get their investing news, addressing a common misconception, as only 7% get their news from social media sources like Reddit.
• 55% of respondents think the economy will continue to get worse for the remainder of the year
Individuals did not receive compensation or likewise for their participation in the survey.
About Tradier, Inc.
Tradier, Inc. is a cloud-based financial services provider and brokerage API company that offers a groundbreaking platform to serve platform providers, advisors, developers and individual investors. Tradier delivers an innovative set of fully hosted API's, modules, and "out of the box" tools that are leveraged by a growing list of providers seeking to create innovative trading and investing experiences. Created by developers, Tradier is a technology linchpin that works with organizations that want to democratize access to data, trade execution, low-cost trading, and market connectivity through cloud access. In addition, Tradier's APIs empower third-party developers to build applications such as algorithmic and robotic trading systems.
# # #