- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
DALLAS, TX, October 12, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- UGM Dallas hosted their annual William H. Thompson Memorial Golf Classic at Tour 18 Dallas to support the legacy and vision of former UGM CEO, Brother Bill Thompson, whose passion was reaching the homeless of Dallas with life changing programs. Business leaders, celebrity athletes, supporters, and volunteers joined together for a day of golf, networking and support of this organization that houses over 350 homeless men, women, children, Veterans, and elderly a night. Click for Photos
All players were entered to win a Nissan Leaf electric car donated by Re-Teck. The first place Low Gross Score team included J. Forner, B. Corchan, T. Dryden, and D. Burkett. The second place Low Gross Score team was made up of T. Klund, K. Grant, B. Cipperley, and P. Craig. Jason Wright won Closest to the Pin and Brian Corcoran won Longest Drive. The honor of Best Dressed golfer went to Gary Harrison-Ducros. Celebrity players at the event included Kenny Gant and Michael Kiselak from the Dallas Cowboys, as well as NFL players Joe King, Romby Bryant, Charles Ali, Lee Osteguin, Eric Warfield, and Chris McAlister. NBA player Chris Owens, Texas Rangers' Pat Mahomes Sr. and country music artists Steve Helms, Aaron Copeland and Casey Donahew all came out to support UGM Dallas.
"We are always so thankful for the support we receive during The William H. Thompson Memorial Golf Classic. From sponsors to players, the event honors Brother Bill's desire to see the lives of the homeless transformed as they receive safe shelter and the tools to start a new life," stated Bruce Butler, CEO of UGM Dallas. "We want to offer a special thank you to all our volunteers from Abundant Life Church Young Adults and Mesquite Friendship Baptist Church."
UGM Dallas would like to thank their event sponsors
• Title Sponsor - Calvary Bible Church
• Lunch Sponsor- The Time Group
• Logo Ball Sponsor- Victory Fellowship Church
• Breakfast Sponsor- Walt's Tee Repair
• Towel Sponsor- Randall Stebbins
• Hole in One sponsor - Tom and Suzanne Duke
• Hole in One Car Sponsor- Lewisville Autoplex
• Platinum Sponsors - Sheils Winnubst & Dick & Diane Steele
• Diamond Sponsor- Integrity Foods LLC
• Gold Sponsors - Erma Thompson & Millet the Printer
• Hole Sponsors - C82 Commercial, Re-Teck, & Connect Unity Fellowship Inc.
• Raffle Electric Car- Re-Teck
• Texas de Brazil
• Asian Mint
• Aletha's Massage Works
• In-N-Out Burger
• Sellinger's Power Golf Roanoke
• Club Finders
• Kenny's Italian Kitchen
• Million Dollar Shot- Calvin Reynolds
• Putting Contest- John Matthews
During 2022, UGM Dallas is raising funds to help support two capital projects at the Mission which include installation of StepUp beds designed to provide therapeutic relief to homeless Veterans, elderly and disabled. Funds raised will also help with bathroom renovations needed after increased usage during the COVID-19 pandemic where homeless individuals were sheltered at UGM Dallas 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
To learn more about UGM Dallas or to donate, visit www.ugmdallas.org.
# # #