- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
"Fight for Survivors announces its new scholarship essay contest, Fight for Survivors Scholarship. The contest will grant one deserving student a $2,500 award for their education."
LOS ANGELES, CA, October 21, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Fight for Survivors announces its new scholarship essay contest, Fight for Survivors Scholarship. The contest will grant one deserving student enrolled in or admitted to a college/university or graduate school a $2,500 award for their education.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is June 15, 2023. Students of all areas of study are welcome to submit an essay and other application materials.
About the Fight for Survivors Scholarship
The Fight for Survivors Scholarship was created to help students who are passionate about advocating for survivors of sexual abuse pay for their higher education. The law firm will award $2,500 to one deserving student pursuing a degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in an accredited school in the United States.
Essay Topic for the Fight for Survivors Scholarship
Because Fight for Survivors works with sexual abuse survivors, the firm has deep compassion for those who suffered emotional wounds from their experiences. After all, this type of trauma often remains with survivors for the rest of their lives. Because of this, we are committed to giving back to those who are passionate about advocacy.
In their essays, students should write about why seeking justice for sexual abuse survivors or finding ways to prevent it is important to them. Other topic points they can include in their essays are:
- Ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of enduring sexual abuse
- What institutions can do better to prevent or handle sexual abuse cases
- Steps society can change that would eliminate sexual abuse
Essays should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words.
Eligibility Requirements for the Fight for Survivors Scholarship
To be eligible for the Fight for Survivors Scholarship, students must:
- Be enrolled in or admitted to a college, university, or graduate school
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- Be a U.S. citizen or have authorized status to work or attend school in the U.S.
- Submit their essay by the contest deadline: June 15, 2023
Students can apply for the scholarship on the Fight for Survivors' website. They must fill out a form and agree to the Terms and Conditions. A scholarship committee will review all applications and announce a winner after the deadline.
About Fight for Survivors
Fight for Survivors is a litigation firm that advocates for childhood sexual abuse and assault survivors. The firm handles cases at the state and federal levels and utilizes its resources to help plaintiffs challenge high-level adversaries.
Some of the firm's practice areas include cases about:
- Sexual abuse in schools and higher education institutions
- Sexual abuse in recreational activities for children (e.g., Girl Scouts, afterschool programs, and summer camp)
- Athletics-related sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse in the entertainment industry (e.g., film and TV, music, and modeling)
- Sexual abuse in religious institutions
The firm opened its practice in California in 2013, but now has other offices in New York and Nevada to reach a nationwide audience. Inquiring clients can call a survivors hotline on the firm's website or reach out to a team member for a free case evaluation.
# # #