- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
"For more than 50 years, the commercial marine and fishing industry has counted on Pacific Marine Expo to deliver the latest trends in equipment, discuss the latest issues, and do business."
SEATTLE, WA, November 03, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- With more than 5,000 maritime professionals from around the world, the entire student body from the Maritime High School, an in-depth education program including sessions on the impact of off-shore wind development and climate change on the fishing industry, and a packed show floor featuring the latest equipment, technologies and services, this year's Pacific Marine Expo promises to be one of the best ever.
The Expo, which is the West Coast's largest and longest running commercial fishing and marine trade show, will be held from Thursday, Nov. 17, through Saturday, Nov. 19, at the Lumen Field Event Center. To register, visit www.PacificMarineExpo.com.
The Expo serves all aspects of the maritime industry, including commercial vessel owner and operators, commercial fishermen, boat builders, suppliers, and seafood processors. Last year's Expo attracted more than 5,000 visitors from 40 states and 24 countries.
"For more than 50 years, the commercial marine and fishing industry has counted on Pacific Marine Expo to deliver the latest trends in equipment, discuss the latest issues, and do business," said Bob Callahan, Group Vice President, Diversified Communications, which produces the show.
• A tour of the Expo by all students from the Maritime High School from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17.
• The 10th Annual Maritime Economic Forecast Breakfast at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 18, will be a great chance to learn about the opportunities and challenges facing the region's maritime and fishing industries. Nearly 250 industry leaders are expected to attend.
This year's speakers include U.S. Coast Guard Vice Admiral Paul Thomas, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Washington, DC; Andy Wink, Executive Director, Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association; John Wolfe, NW Seaport Alliance, Dustin Stoker, President, Husky Terminal and Stevedoring, and Dana Brand, General Manager, SSA Marine; Port of Seattle Commissioner Ryan Calkins; and, Ann Avary, Director, Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology discussing the new Washington State Maritime Workforce Development Plan.
• Expo Education Sessions on the latest issues and report, including:
- What is Going on in the North Pacific? Closures, Climate Change or Catastrophe?, 3-3:45 p.m. Nov 17
- No Seat at the Table : U.S. Commercial Fishing and Offshore Wind, 12:45 - 1:45 p.m., Nov. 17
- Alaska Seafood Market Updates and Opportunities, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m., Nov. 17
- 'America the Beautiful' Conservation Initiative and the Commercial Fishing Industry, 2- 2:45 p.m., Nov. 18
Full programs, speakers, and details at www.pacificmarineexpo.com/education-program/
• Listen to the renowned Fisher Poets and their colorful music and stories, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Nov. 19
• Put your skills to the test at the annual Fisherman of the Year Contest, which will consist of three heats – net mending, rope splicing and knot tying. The winners from each heat will move on to compete in the survival suit challenge and have the chance at taking home the title. 11:45 – 12:30 a.m., Nov. 19
This year's Expo will also feature a full exhibit floor of more than 400 companies displaying the latest in equipment and services from top industry manufacturers and suppliers, the popular Alaska Hall, product demonstrations, a special Fishermen's Lounge, and other special events.
Please stop by the Show Office on the Mezzanine Level of the Event Center to pick up your free pass to cover the event.
2022 Expo Hours
Thursday, Nov. 17 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, Nov. 18 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, Nov. 19 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Expo is free to attend for industry members. To register to attend PME or more details, please visit www.PacificMarineExpo.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Lauren St. Clair, (207) 842-5420
Ken Saunderson, (206) 282-6858
About Pacific Marine Expo
Pacific Marine Expo is part of the Diversified Communications portfolio of commercial marine events, publications and eMedia products. Pacific Marine Expo is the largest and longest running commercial fishing and marine tradeshow on the West Coast and is annually held in Seattle. The Expo serves all aspects of the market, including commercial vessel owners, commercial fishermen, boatbuilders, workboat operators and seafood processors. For further information, visit www.PacificMarineExpo.com.
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities and digital and print publications. As producers of these market-leading products Diversified Communications connects, educates, and strengthens business communities in over 14 industries including: food and beverage, healthcare, natural and organic, business management and technology. Established in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA with divisions and offices around the world, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third generation, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.divcom.com.
# # #