- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
CONCORD, ON, November 17, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Simpli Home proudly announces it has been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough, independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work Institute® Canada.
This certification is based on responses from Simpli Home's Canadian employees to the Trust Index© Survey, an extensive and anonymous survey about their workplace experience. Simpli Home received an overall score of 85%, which is 20% higher than the minimum score required for certification.
"Being officially certified as a Great Place to Work is an important and meaningful achievement for Simpli Home," says Yoram Weinreich alongside Erez Weinreich, co-presidents of Simpli Home. "Our employees' satisfaction is a crucial component of our company's success. We value our employees and are committed to providing them with a work environment in which they are not just productive, but also happy and proud."
Some of the ways Simpli Home aims to offer a positive workplace culture:
- Giving the opportunity to work in the office or at home so that employees can achieve a better work/life balance.
- Recognizing employees by name for important contributions and outstanding performance through a company-wide "Kudos" channel on Microsoft Teams and in quarterly Town Hall meetings.
- Sharing important company updates and acknowledging special events, like employee birthdays and anniversaries via a monthly employee newsletter.
- Providing structured and transparent feedback through quarterly 1-on-1 meetings between each manager and team member, and encouraging employees to collaborate directly with their managers to determine goals, KPIs, and skill development.
- Promoting environmental and social activism, including partnerships with CleanHub to recover and safely dispose of ocean-bound plastic, Plan International for gender equality and inclusion, Hand in Hand to build equality between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel, and New Circles to provide basic necessities for those in need.
Nancy Fonseca, Senior Vice President of Great Place to Work® Canada, says that a great workplace is about the level of trust that employees experience in their leaders, the level of pride they have in their jobs, and the extent to which they enjoy their colleagues. "Our data shows that great workplaces benefit from stronger financial performance, reduced turnover, and better customer satisfaction than their peers. What's more, work environments with trust at the foundation are ripe for innovation, agility, resilience, and efficiency," Fonseca said.
Simpli Home is a global company with offices in Canada, India, Vietnam, and China. The Canadian staff members are a mix of on-site, fully remote, and hybrid employees. Results of the Canadian survey will be considered along with other employee surveys to glean insights on how to maintain and improve Simpli Home's workplaces around the globe.
The Great Place to Work certification adds to what has been a significant year for Simpli Home. In the spring, the company launched its new brand identity, including a revamped ecommerce website and branded marketplace content. In September, Simpli Home was named one of Canada's Top Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail for the fourth consecutive year, thanks to an impressive three-year growth of 77%.
About Simpli Home®
Established in 2001, Simpli Home is an ecommerce furniture company with a mission to make beautiful, high-quality furniture affordable for everyone. We keep things simple by designing timeless, "high-value essentials" built with exceptional quality—solid wood, high-grade fabrics, and hand craftsmanship—without the typical bloat and overhead of a traditional brand. We pass that value to our customers and strive to make them say "wow".
Simpli Home takes pride in being an environmentally conscious company. We use sustainably-sourced wood—harvested through processes that prevent damage to ecosystems, watersheds, wildlife, and trees. We are already a 100% plastic-neutral business and are striving to become plastic positive by 2025. Driven by a diverse workforce from across the globe, Simpli Home is an equal-opportunity firm with an uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, Great Place to Work recognizes Canada's Best Workplaces in a series of national lists including those published by The Globe & Mail (Canada) and Fortune magazine (USA). Great Place to Work provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. Visit us at www.greatplacetowork.ca or find us on Twitter at @GPTW_Canada.
# # #