- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
LONDON, ENGLAND, January 18, 2023 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Royal College of Chiropractors is the professional organization for chiropractic in the United Kingdom. The College recognized Chu's exceptional experience and professional qualifications in orthopedic specialty. The College devoted to chiropractic education and strives to provide the best clinical care to patients. The Specialist Faculties of the college are responsible for reviewing, disseminating, and expanding the evidence base in each discipline. Using indicators such as academic literature, the Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, and Exercise Faculty evaluates the academic achievements of clinical academics in their field of study. There are 26 orthopedics specialists on the Faculty, of which 17 hold fellowship FRCC (Ortho). Chu is the Fellow of the Faculty and uphold the highest competencies.
In 2021, Dr. Chu was ranked among the top ten authors by a chiropractic journal. Many CDAHK chiropractors have been receiving the highest recognition for its clinical qualifications in the field of chiropractic, according to Dr. Chu. CDAHK chiropractors excels in the treatment of numerous complex diseases and the application of cutting-edge technology. With the influx of scientific talent in the Greater Bay Area and the government's encouragement of medical research, chiropractors can be at the forefront of chiropractic science in Asia.
Although Hong Kong lacks its own chiropractic college and professional specialty system, numerous CDAHK chiropractors are registered with the American and British chiropractic specialties, and their clinical performance is comparable to the global standards. Many of the CDAHK chiropractors are qualified specialist in chiropractic neurology, pediatric, sports medicine, and orthopedics. Many research institutions have funded a number of chiropractic projects, including scholarships and the establishment of a chiropractic college in Hong Kong.
In response to the high demand for chiropractors in Hong Kong, the CDAHK has launched the Chiropractic Development Programme to award scholarships to students entering the designated programs during the 2023 academic year. The CDAHK assist students' applications to chiropractic colleges in United States, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Australia, and New Zealand. Students with diploma study, associate degree, higher diploma, and university degrees who meet the requirements for admission are eligible to apply. They will be selected to receive 30% of the scholarship. More than 20 chiropractors have been trained through the program. This year's incoming class will strengthen the program's curriculum, and that many candidates will be offered employment opportunities before graduation. Students with financial difficulty will be offered student loans to complete the program.
The CDAHK is now accepting applications for the 2023 school admission. Students who apply by Feb. 28, 2023 will be offered conditional or unconditional admission by June 31.
Please contact the Dr Alan Chen at [email protected] if you are interested in chiropractic school in the UK. McTimoney Chiropractic College is one of three British universities listed in Hong Kong, that offer chiropractic programs and four-year degrees. After graduation, students can return to Hong Kong for immediate registration without examination.
The Chiropractic Doctors' Association of Hong Kong (CDAHK) was found in January 2000 to actively promote Chiropractic in Hong Kong SAR. CDAHK is now the largest Chiropractic Professional body in Hong Kong.
2022 CDAHK Research:
1. Chu ECP, Spaska A, Monov D, Kasatkin M, Stroiteleva N. Examining the correlation between salivary cytokine concentrations and CRP in people experiencing social-cognitive stress. Neurol Res. 2023 Feb;45(2):160-165.
2. Leung Y. Cervical Spondylosis and visual dysfunction: A brief overview. Asia Pacific Chiropractic Journal. 2023 January; 3(3):1-7.
3. Leung KK, Chu EC. Remission of arterial thoracic outlet syndrome in a 67-year-old man after chiropractic treatment: A case report. Chiropractic Journal of Australia. 2022 December; 49(1):1-13.
4. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Lai CR, Shum JS. Spontaneous Cervical Epidural Hematoma Following COVID-19 Illness Presenting to a Chiropractor: A Case Report. Cureus. 2022 Dec;14(12):e32199.
5. Chu EC. Cervical Radiculopathy as a Hidden Cause of Angina: Cervicogenic Angina. J Med Cases. 2022 Nov;13(11):545-550.
6. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Nga YS, Shum JS. Concurrent Spinal and Intracranial Subdural Hematomas as a Cause of Near-Fatal Low Back Pain in the Chiropractic Office: A Case Report. Cureus. 2022 Nov;14(11):e31900.
7. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Yee WJ, Ng KK. Lumbar Schwannoma as a Rare Cause of Radiculopathy in the Chiropractic Office: A Case Report. Cureus. 2022 Nov;14(11):e31758.
8. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Thoracic Schwannoma as an Unusual Cause of Sciatic Pain in the Chiropractic Office: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Nov 16;23:e938448.
9. Chu EC, Lee LY. Cervical Spondylosis as a Hidden Contributing Factor to Fibromyalgia: A Case Report. Int Med Case Rep J. 2022;15:639-646.
10. Chu EC, Chen AT, Chiang R, Trager R. Unusual worm-like radiopacities in the radiographs of patients with cervical spondylosis. J Med Life. 2022 Nov;15(11):1449-1454.
11. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Ng GSN, Shum JSF. Neck pain and Headache Complicated by Persistent Syringomyelia After Foramen Magnum Decompression for Chiari I Malformation: Improvement with Multimodal Chiropractic Therapies. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 31;23:e937826.
12. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Chen ATC, Shum JSF. A 68-Year-Old Woman with a Remote History of Breast Cancer Presenting with Low Back Pain to a Chiropractic Clinic in Hong Kong with Imaging Findings Consistent with a Vertebral Hemangioma and Vertebral Metastatic Lesions. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 24;23:e938034.
13. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Lai CR, Leung BK. Presumptive Prostate Cancer Presenting as Low Back Pain in the Chiropractic Office: Two Cases and Literature Review. Cureus. 2022 Oct;14(10):e30575.
14. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Tao C, Lee LY. Chiropractic Management of Neck Pain Complicated by Symptomatic Vertebral Artery Stenosis and Dizziness. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 19;23:e937991.
15. Leung K, Chu EC, Yau K, Ng GS, Bellin D. Resolution of Cervical Radiculopathic symptoms and Restoration of Cervical Lordosis in A 20 Year Old Female: A Case Report. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022 October; 5(1):246-250.
16. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Chen ATC, Shum JSF. A 60-Year-Old Man with Gingivitis and Poorly Controlled Diabetes Developing Low Back Pain 1 Week Following Recovery from COVID-19 Diagnosed with Spinal Abscess Due to Streptococcus oralis. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 6;23:e937517.
17. Chu EC, Chiang R. Giant cell arteritis: a cause of temporomandibular joint claudication. J Med Life. 2022 Oct;15(10):1322-1326.
18. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Prevalence of Serious Pathology Among Adults with Low Back Pain Presenting for Chiropractic Care: A Retrospective Chart Review of Integrated Clinics in Hong Kong. Med Sci Monit. 2022 Sep 27;28:e938042.
19. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Chen AT. Concurrent Bell's Palsy and Facial Pain Improving with Multimodal Chiropractic Therapy: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Sep 19;23:e937511.
20. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Lai CR, Shum JSF. Metastatic Recurrent Breast Cancer Identified in the Chiropractic Office: Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Sep 4;23:e937609.
21. Chu EC. Neuromuscular scoliosis in the presence of spina bifida occulta and a transitional lumbosacral vertebra: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2022 Sep;17(9):3260-3265.
22. Chu EC, Trager RJ. Effectiveness of Multimodal Chiropractic Care Featuring Spinal Manipulation for Persistent Spinal Pain Syndrome Following Lumbar Spine Surgery: Retrospective Chart Review of 31 Adults in Hong Kong. Med Sci Monit. 2022 Aug 2;28:e937640.
23. Chu ECP, Lin AFC. Relief of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome with chiropractic rehabilitation. J Family Med Prim Care. 2022 Jul;11(7):4006-4009.
24. Chu EC. Reducing Cervical Retrolisthesis With Long-Term Monthly Chiropractic Maintenance Care: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Jul;13(7):359-364.
25. Chu EC. Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA) in 16 Patients Following COVID-19 Vaccination Who Presented to Chiropractic, Orthopedic, and Physiotherapy Clinics in Hong Kong During 2021. Med Sci Monit. 2022 Jul 11;28:e937430.
26. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Shum JSF, Lai CR. Pancoast Tumor Presenting as Neck Pain in the Chiropractic Office: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Jul 7;23:e937052.
27. Chu EC, Lin AFC. Knee Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty Secondary to Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. Curr Health Sci J. 2022 Apr-Jun;48(2):226-229.
28. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Chen ATC. Conservative Management of Low Back Pain Related to an Unresectable Aggressive Sacral Hemangioma: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Jun 23;23:e936984.
29. Chu EC. Large abdominal aortic aneurysm presented with concomitant acute lumbar disc herniation - a case report. J Med Life. 2022 Jun;15(6):871-875.
30. Chu EC, Leung KKY. Chiropractic Management of Symptomatic Pedicle Hemangioma: a Case Report. Maedica (Bucur). 2022 Jun;17(2):528-531.
31. Chu EC, Chen AT, Chiang R. Chiropractic care of Parkinson's disease and deformity. J Med Life. 2022 May;15(5):717-722.
32. Chu E. The Opportunity to Unlock the Architecture of Healthcare Model: Chiropractic Care-at-Home. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022 March; 5(1):44-49.
33. Chu EC, Wong AY. Mitigating Gait Decline in a Woman With Parkinson's Disease: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Mar;13(3):140-144.
34. Chu EC. Preventing the progression of text neck in a young man: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2022 Mar;17(3):978-982.
35. Chu ECP, Lee LYK. Adjacent segment pathology of the cervical spine: A case report. J Family Med Prim Care. 2022 Feb;11(2):787-789.
36. Chu EC. Remission of Headache and Neck Pain Following Chiropractic Manipulative Treatment in a Patient with Neurofibromatosis. Chiropractic Journal of Australia. 2022 February; 49(1):8-18.
37. Chu EC, Yau K, Ho V, Yun S. The scalable approach to the Chiropractic patient journey. Asia Pacific Chiropractic Journal. 2022 February; 2(5):2-8.
38. Chu ECP, Wong AYL. Change in Pelvic Incidence Associated With Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Jan;13(1):31-35.
39. Chu E. Smart Rehabilitation Clinic. Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic. 2022; 5(1):7-12.
40. Chu EC. Improvement of quality of life by conservative management of thoracic scoliosis at 172°: a case report. J Med Life. 2022 Jan;15(1):144-148.
# # #