- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
DERBYSHIRE, ENGLAND, April 08, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Thorntons has announced this year's delicious range of Easter products. There will be something for everyone to enjoy with many products available exclusively in your local supermarket or convenience store. With prices that range from just GBP2.99 to GBP15.00, Thorntons is the answer whatever budget you're on!
Kids will love Thorntons Twin Bunnies this Easter, made with delicious milk and white chocolate and with no artificial colours or flavours, at GBP3.99 they are the perfect treat.
For more traditional Easter treats, Thorntons has created beautifully designed Easter eggs - Princess Egg for the girls and a Sporty Egg for football fans of all ages. For toffee lovers, Thorntons has created a Special Toffee Egg, which has delicious Thorntons famous Special Toffee pieces crammed into the shell - perfect for those who really want to indulge.
If you are looking for a special "chocolate-lovers" gift, then look out for Thorntons Large Classic or Large Premium Egg, as well as the new 70% cocoa Dark Chocolate Egg. All of which contain a selection of mouth-watering chocolates from the top selling, all-year-round Thorntons Gift Boxes.
Keith Hurdman, Thorntons Master Chocolatier says, "It can be a real challenge to find something to please everyone at Easter, especially when you're on a budget, so our new range for supermarkets and convenience outlets is designed to be a one-stop shop with something to suit all the family. We're expecting our new handcrafted large Classic Egg and Special Toffee Egg to be extremely popular for those looking for an Easter treat with a difference."
This year's range has been relaunched in a strikingly innovative packaging design, with environmental awareness in mind. Wherever possible, Thorntons has reduced the amount of packaging used and increased the ease of recyling.
• Thorntons is the number one 'Chocolate and Confectionery' brand and the number 18 overall brand in the UK according to Superbrands' latest research.
• Established by Joseph William Thornton in 1911, Thorntons is one of the UK's oldest chocolate retailers, headquartered in Derbyshire with more than 4,000 employees.
• Thorntons has 379 own stores, 37 of which have their own cafe, and 250 franchise stores across the country, as well as a strong direct (www.thorntons.co.uk) and commercial business, supplying all major supermarkets.
• Products range from gift selections, chocolate blocks to toffee and ice cream.
• Keith Hurdman is Thorntons Master Chocolatier. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Keith is an unusual phenomena for the British chocolate industry as a home grown talent with extensive training with some of Europe's finest confectioners and chocolatiers in Belgium, Switzerland and France. He is now widely recognised as one of the UK's most talented chocolatiers. Keith has won a number of other awards including the International Belgian Chocolate Award and the highly acclaimed 'Truffe d' Or' in 2000 as Champion Confectioner of Switzerland.
Source: Thorntons PLC
# # #