- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
DERBYSHIRE, ENGLAND, April 08, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Made with the finest ingredients, Thorntons has a wide selection of premium eggs which won't break the bank. Keith Hurdman, Master Chocolatier at Thorntons, says, "This Easter, we have focused on developing great tasting products at an affordable price. We have some ingredient combinations which are completely unique to Thorntons, and a number of really special gift eggs."
Fudge and toffee lovers will enjoy the new Love Fudge, and Love Toffee Eggs at just GBP12.00. The shell of the Love Toffee Egg is crammed with crunchy special toffee pieces and it comes with two bags of irresistible Special toffee. Just like the rest of Thorntons Easter egg range, these unique eggs can be personalised with your own special message for free.
If an egg just isn't enough on its own, why not really spoil someone with Thorntons famous Continental Milk Egg (RSP GBP12.00). Made with the finest milk chocolate, this egg is accompanied by a selection of Continental chocolates.
If you are looking for a little indulgence this Easter, then Thorntons has created the Luxury Egg. Made with single origin Ecuador chocolate, this beautifully designed gift comes with three drawers full of the most delicious Thorntons chocolates especially chosen for you (RSP GBP30.00).
Keith continues: "For chocolate lovers where money is no object, we've created the ultimate Easter egg - The Chocolatiers Egg (RSP GBP100.00). Lovingly handmade with milk chocolate from Ecuador and dark chocolate from Tanzania, only 74 have been made by hand in our kitchen by our master chocolatiers. The laced egg is accompanied by a layer of our finest Fusions chocolates and a layer of single origin chocolates, and this really is the ultimate Easter gift." Each egg comes with a tag personally signed by Thorntons Master Chocolatier Keith Hurdman.
With people increasingly watching their pennies Thorntons has brought back its great range of 180g quality eggs, at just 4 for GBP10. The Thorntons Organic Egg is part if this selection, which includes milk, white and dark chocolate eggs. It's a delicious milk chocolate egg made from organic chocolate. At 4 for GBP10, or GBP3.50 each, eggs from this range make ideal gifts for friends or colleagues.
• Thorntons is the number one 'Chocolate and Confectionery' brand and the number 18 overall brand in the UK according to Superbrands' latest research.
• Established by Joseph William Thornton in 1911, Thorntons is one of the UK's oldest chocolate retailers, headquartered in Derbyshire with more than 4,000 employees.
• Thorntons has 379 own stores, 37 of which have their own cafe, and 250 franchise stores across the country, as well as a strong direct (www.thorntons.co.uk) and commercial business, supplying all major supermarkets.
• Products range from gift selections, chocolate blocks to toffee and ice cream.
• Keith Hurdman is Thorntons Master Chocolatier. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, Keith is an unusual phenomena for the British chocolate industry as a home grown talent with extensive training with some of Europe's finest confectioners and chocolatiers in Belgium, Switzerland and France. He is now widely recognised as one of the UK's most talented chocolatiers. Keith has won a number of other awards including the International Belgian Chocolate Award and the highly acclaimed 'Truffe d' Or' in 2000 as Champion Confectioner of Switzerland.
Source: Thorntons PLC
# # #