ATLANTA, GA, January 06, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Georgia CIO Leadership Association is now accepting nominations for the sixteenth annual Georgia CIO of the Year Awards being held on Friday, October 31, 2014 at the Cobb Galleria Centre.
Established in 1998 and considered the premier technology executive program of its kind, this event honors chief information officers who have shown excellence in technology leadership. The five awards categories are: Global, Enterprise, Corporate, Emerging, and Non-profit / Public Sector.
Nominations for the Awards may be submitted by anyone with knowledge of the accomplishments of a specific CIO. This may include staff members, partners, service providers, former employees, vendors, associates, and other CIOs who are aware of deserving candidates. Nominee requirements:
• Holds the title of chief information officer or equivalent senior IT leadership position
• Primarily responsible for the IT operations of a Georgia-based organization or subsidiary located in Georgia
• Is a member of top management
• Has held current position since April 1, 2013
Finalists and award recipients are chosen by a panel of distinguished judges, including prior Georgia CIO of the Year Award winners. CIOs are evaluated on their contributions in Innovation, Leadership, Business Value Creation, and Community Involvement.
The nominations process is simple and takes less than five minutes to complete. Nominate a deserving technology executive at http://www.georgiacio.org/awards. The deadline for nominations is March 3, 2014.
The 2014 Georgia CIO of the Year Awards is made possible by the following sponsors:
• Gold Sponsors: Abacus Solutions, Magenic, Carousel Industries, Ciber, Dell, and LeadingAgile
• Silver Sponsors: Insight, CTS, Wipro, DataBlue, Mitel, 3sage Consulting, Capgemini, Software AG, and VeriStor
• Bronze Sponsors: Prosys, Presidio, AT&T, The Coca-Cola Company, Korn/Ferry International, Slalom Consulting, Dimensional Thinking, Softchoice, Avaya, OutSystems, and Genpact
Sponsors must be invited by a Georgia CIO to participate in the Awards program. For sponsorship information, or to recommend an organization, visit http://www.georgiacio.org/awards/sponsors or contact Lisa LaRoque, Executive Director at email@example.com.
The Georgia CIO Leadership Association (GCLA) is Georgia's preeminent professional association for senior technology leaders. Founded in 2003, its membership is comprised exclusively of chief information officers or individuals in equivalent positions from public and private companies, government, education and non-profit organizations throughout the state. The GCLA is a non-profit 501(c)(6) professional association led by a CIO Advisory Board from with over 100 CIO members who re-certify membership qualifications annually. The GCLA is underwritten by support from Deloitte, IBM, Intellinet, Microsoft and Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kelly Eckstein: